Utilising the latest 4G mobile data technology, this is the 4G version of the AES Predator V2, utilising the power of 4G for installations that don't allow for the use of a WiFi connection.
In some situations you may not be within WiFi connectivity range, or even if you are, it may not be a strong enough signal to offer a reliable, stable connection for your intercom. This is why the British manufacturer AES have put together this addition to the V2 range of the Predator Video Intercoms.
If you have a gate, or large building where wifi does not reliably extend to the point of installation, or indeed if you do not have wifi at all, this will solve your problem and allow you to be up and running in no time - all you need is a 4G enabled SIM card from any network provider (pro tip - bag a bargain and hunt around for the best data-only deal!) who offers solid coverage for the installation location.
It may even be the case that in some locations, if your internet connection is slow in general, 4G may provide you with better results than your internet connection, regardless of WiFi signal strength. According to research carried out by Ofcom, the average 4G upload speed currently sits at 12.4Mbps - while the average upload speed of broadband is only 6.2Mbps. This means on average, 4G is twice as fast as your home broadband! This in itself boasts the sheer power and potential benefits of a stable 4G connection.
Why choose the Predator system?
With so many intercom choices out there - hard-wired, radio, digital (DECT), and so on - it can be easy to get lost in all the different options. The real difference with this system is that you're not bound by range limitation. As long as you get a solid connection from the network provider at the location of the intercom, and your phone with the AES Predator App also has a connection to the internet (be it over WiFi or 4G), you'll always have access. Whereas wireless signals of other kinds generally decline rapidly as the signal passes through walls and other obstacles.
In addition to this, the beauty of having this type of intercom system, is that it gives you the freedom to answer calls as well as remotely manage your door locks from anywhere in the world. Whether you're at home, down the shops, or even the other side of the world on holiday (you lucky thing!) - you can answer your door as well as let people in, from the app on your smart phone. As long as you have a connection to the internet on your phone - whether you're on public WiFi or connected to 4G on your phone - you can take the call in the app and unlock the door should you choose to.
So What's New in V2?
Based on customer feedback and usage experience, the v2 models we sell come with an array of technological improvements, including an improved PUSH notification system, making notifications to your tablet or smartphone faster and more reliable. The unit now offers half and full duplex sound (both ways) for improved sound quality, and you now also have dual relay outputs instead of singular, giving you more integration options for controlling locks and other devices.
What Features Do I Get?
The Predator system offers a whole host of features, and while it may be impossible to list them all, here's the main deal-clinchers!
- Full Colour Video Stream - a crystal clear camera offering full colour coverage of a 110 degree angle.
- Infra-Red Night Vision - when night time hits, many cameras suffer. But the Predator system comes with IR night vision!
- Two-Way Audio - needless to say, you can speak both ways with whoever is at the door. And with the waterproof Mylar speaker, you can be confident it will perform well come rain or shine!
- Illuminated Panel - both the call-button, keypad (if you're ordering the keypad model), and the sides of the panel illuminate with a gentle cool-blue glow, aiding use and also adding some truly stunning curb-appeal to the installation.
- High-Grade 4G Modem - unlike many cheap 4G modems on the market, the one you get with this system is built with performance and reliability in mind.
- Supports Multiple Devices - you're not restricted to one wall unit, tablet or smartphone. You can connect up to four compatible devices (Android or iOS) to the system, giving maximum control.
- Access Control - this is more than just an intercom system. From the app, you can unlock your door whether there's a call incoming or not - so it actually doubles up as an access control system too! You can even put the system into latched mode if you don't want the door to be locked for a particular reason.
- Automatic Capture - you can set the system to take snapshots of visitors so you have a log of who has called.
- Surveillance - want to check if anybody's snooping about? Now you can - just tap on the app to view a live stream from the door station at any time.
- Optional Wifi Change-Over - should you find that in the future you are able to install reliable WiFi, we also include a high performance WiFi antenna as part of the kit, should you ever wish to swap over to WiFi
- Incredible Build Quality - AES are now renowned for their superb build quality. The panel is designed with 3mm thick marine-grade stainless steel (Grade 316), designed to compliment a professional installation and stand up to the elements as good as any.
And of course, if you take a look at the data sheets and installation guides we have on these, you'll soon see this is not an exhaustive list by any means!
One of the critical - but often overlooked - aspects of any system like this, is the ease of fitting for the installer. And AES really have considered the installer with these systems. From mounting (which can be achieved on virtually any surface), through to convenient cable run locations cut into the back-box, and easy-to-access terminals for wiring, everything has been thought out and considered in the design. Even included in the box is a handy little screwdriver tool which gives you the security torx bit required to open and close the panel, as well as a mini flat-head for the terminals. AES is truly the installers best friend here, and feedback across the UK (and globally) from installers has been fantastic.