Wedging open fire doors is illegal and
dangerous. Dorgard is the safe, legal
and cost-effective solution.
The Dorgard Series
provides a wire-free
solution for legally
holding open fire
doors in any position.
• Installs in under five
• Improves access for
wheelchair users in line
with the Disability
• Complies with BS EN
1155 and approved by
the Fire Brigade
• Automatically releases
fire doors when the fire
• Available in a variety
• Automatic night-time
Dimensions and weight
• Overall height: 205mm
• Main casing height: 150mm
• Width: 195mm
• Depth: 45mm
• Packed kit weight: 950g
• Product only (including batteries): 700g
Material and operating specifications
• Casing: ABS
• Power: 2 x 1.5v C size alkaline batteries
(do not use rechargeable batteries)
• Expected battery life: 12 months
(may be less in noisy environments)
• Trigger: 2.4KHz continuous sound above
Dorgard 1328-A01 approvals and standards
• BS EN 1155: 1997 building hardware.Electrically powered hold-open devices for swing doors. (Manufacturer’s classification number 357113.)
• BS EN 50081-1: 1992 electro-magnetic compatibility. Generic emission standard. Residential, commercial and light industry.
• BS EN 50082-1: 1997 electro-magnetic
compatibility. Generic immunity standard.
Residential, commercial and light industry.
• USA patent number: 5525963
• European patent number: 0635092