This Secured-By-Design handle is a high security front door lock, that is a direct response to the Cylinder snapping plague faced by all uPVC door owners. These High Security handles should be used on ALL uPVC front doors without fail, don't give thieves an easy ride.
As part of their dedication to offering the best quality and security, Hoppe have successfully achieved Secured By Design accreditation on this handle set!
PAS 24 is recognised by Secured By Design as a method of testing a door set assembly to the minimum level of security. Tests are carried out on a complete door set in its frame with identified points of attack within the specification. Security professionals highlight the cylinder as a vulnerable part of a doorset, including the surrounding hardware that operates a mortised or multipoint locking mechanism.
- External backplates manufactured from solid aluminium extrusion, thus providing added strength and attack resistance
- Sliding cylinder cover to protect against attack and adjustable to suit various cylinder lengths
- Hardened steel screws for added strength, designed for a 70mm door
- Same fixing positions as standard HOPPE products therefore making the product suitable for retrofitting, no additional routing or other preparation is required and no need to fit additional cylinder protection
- Third party independently tested to meet PAS 24 requirements
- Holds a Secured By Design Licence
- Available to suit a variety of multipoint locks
Normally, backplates are lightweight and hollow, making them easily removable from a door, and therefore giving easy access to the vulnerable cylinder.
These security handle sets from HOPPE is different. The backplates are manufactured like no other. The fact they are fully machined from a solid base material combined with
hardened steel lugs and security fixings, gives a much stronger construction than the traditional cast and pressed products.
When tested to PAS 24-1 section A.11 the new handles surpassed the standard and consistently achieved excellent results.
Our product specifications are given in good faith but can be subject to manufacturer change without notice. Should an attribute be of essense to your purchase, please feel free to contact us first for confirmation.
|PZ UPVC Measurement||92mm|
Please note: The data shown includes that of all products listed on the page, including accessories.
Please double-check with us if you're unsure of any individual product specifications.