Finished with a stunning satin-black powder coating, this disc style padlock by KASP introduces a combination chamber instead of a keyway, creating a much-sought-after combination-disc padlock, combining the robust tried-and-tested security of a disc padlock, with the convenience and ease-of-use offered by a combination padlock.
The end result is truly a fantastic padlock that not only feels solid (and weighs in at a quarter-kilo), but also operates smoothly and for what it's worth, truly looks the part too.
Looking at the shackle of the padlock, not only is it over 9mm thick which is a good start, but it's also hardened too, offering added toughness and resistance against attack, which coupled with the design of a disc padlock with the sliding-shackle, would make a difficult job for anyone attempting to attack the shackle.
The powder coated finish also provides further protection against weather so these should stand up quite well to typical outdoor environments (of course, we always recommend regular maintenance to assist with this regardless of any efforts by the manufacturer to make their padlocks weather resistant).
To unlock the padlock,
you simply need to enter your code and slide the lug along the bottom of the padlock face - there's no
fiddly buttons or awkward mechanisms to work with here, it's nice and
simple. To re-lock the padlock
, it's a simple case of the reverse to unlocking the padlock. Simply slide the lug back the other way until the shackle is fully closed, and scramble the combination before you walk away.
How to change the code on the KASP Combination Disc Padlocks
The codes are completely resettable on these padlocks, and can be achieved in a few easy steps:
Important: Any padlocks & associated hardware intended to be used in external settings should be properly maintained and lubricated to an appropriate level for the setting in order to ensure correct operation and protection from unnecessary weathering.
- Fully unlock the padlock using the existing code (factory default is all zeros).
- Using a flat-blade screwdriver, rotate the dial on the back of the padlock 90° counter-clockwise until it stops (this should move freely, do not apply much force).
- Rotate the combination wheels to your desired new code (making sure the wheels are perfectly set and aligned correctly - make no mistakes here!)
- With the new code now entered (maybe double-triple-check once last time), rotate the dial on the back of the padlock 90° clockwise back to its original position (again no force should be required here)
- You should now be able to lock the padlock with the new code still entered. This confirms your new code has been set.
|KASP Security Rating||8|
|Padlock Body Thickness||25mm|
|Padlock Body Width||70mm|
|KASP Security Rating||8|
Please note: The data shown includes that of all products listed on the page, including accessories.
Please double-check with us if you're unsure of any individual product specifications.