EN 13724 Explained
What is the meaning of the new European standard for letterboxes marked 'EN 13724' and what are the advantages offered by this standard? All letter boxes on this website marked with EN 137724 correspond to the high demands of the European standard and are recommended by the postal services. The standard EN 13724 defines the size of the letterbox, which means sufficient space for your postbox and the slot dimensions. Furthermore the new European standard classifies the protection against breaking-in and corrosion. In both categories Burg Wachter letterboxes correspond to the higher quality levels. Even the lock quality and resistance of rainwater penetration is tested.
- Expulsion of 2 different throw-in dimensions
- Robustness against corrosion after EN 1670 and against penetration of water (rain test and definition of the permissible amount of the penetrated water).
- Opposition against burglary by stable materials and locks with a division in 2 security steps
- A test envelope in the format A4 must go without need to fold or to damage 229 x 324 mm can be blocked
- The centre line of the throw-in openings should lie between 700 mms and 1,700-mm installation height, in special cases the area can be between 400 mms and 1,800 mms.
- To the guarantee of the security, components of throw-in. Openings may have no sharp corners.
- To guarantee the confidentiality, house mailboxes are to be equipped without view window.
- Withdrawal protection against unauthorized inferring.
- The least volume is fixed with a batch height of min 40 mms of postal property in the format C4.
- If the manufacturer explains that their product corresponds, the product is to be marked according to the regulation.
National divergences of the mailboxes are possible. The procedures to the check of the abovementioned points are described in the mailbox norm. This norm is a recommendation, however, becomes by registration in advertisings the duty.