As the world of electronics is becoming part of our lives it is surprising that security locks are still using 200 year old principles.
OK, I firmly believe that if it is not broke then don’t try and fix it, but really, Linus Yale made your front door key back in the mid 1800’s and OK, we have variations these days but the principle has not really changed that much.
Simons Voss based in Germany has been building electronic cylinders now for around 15 years and this is BIG business in Europe, It seems however, us Brits have just not caught on with the idea of pushing a button to open your front door. Crazy perhaps, but we are at last seeing an upturn and more electronic cylinders are being sold in the UK.
When you think about it we have been using electronics to secure our cars for the last ten + years. Now even, we have locking solutions that simply operate the locks and ignition on the car as long as you have the key on your person.
This technology has been around for years and is used in access control solutions in public buildings and offices quite regular.
So why not your front door, lets look at some of the benefits;
- Lose your keys, no need to change your locks, simply delete the fob and add a new one.
- Need to lone a friend a key, no problem, simply add a new fob.
- Fall out with your friend, no problem, delete the fob,
- Decide to do the same with the back door, no problem add your existing fob to the back door as well.
- Depending on the grade of a Simons Voss Cylinder you can create time groups, so for instance, if you have a cleaner to your home, you can program that their key only works for a certain period on a certain day.
- If you wanted to know who has been in your house, you can recall an event log as to who has been in your home, on what day, at what time.
- Fancy coming home, messing with your shopping, trying to get the key in the door, There is none of this, simply press the button as you are on your way up the drive, spin the turn on the door and you are in your home.
Really it does not get any easier and a good safe investment in keeping your home secure.
All us Brits love tradition and Tea, but times are changing and it is nice to see some of us changing as the future develops.
Simons Voss are in the process of developing a mobile app also that will allow you to open your door with your mobile phone. Geeky perhaps, but it is starting to happen that your mobile phone is becoming your digital wallet. Soon this will become your key to your home, car and everything else that you need security.
If your thinking on investing in your home security, seriously consider Simons Voss as your partner to this, It is a true pedigree company with Swiss Precision and German Prowess for engineering.
Want to see the range - Click Here:
Head of the Tech Department
TRUST Security - TRUST LocksOnline