Sometimes fitting dead locks and Yale locks on your front door, is just not enough you need to consider your secondary security devices.
You need to consider extra features these days to make sure your door and security is in tip top condition.
Some of the basics are straight forward, but alas some people still forget to fit and use additional security devices. So what is there that you need to be having.
1) Hinge bolts, there is no point on securing your front door with the latest whizz bang locks when simply the hinge side of the door has some simple pin hinges fitted. OK, we know that if the door opens inwards, then the hinges are protected, but if the door opens out wards then the hinge is exposed to the elements as well as a small grinder. Driving the hinge pin out on the hinges, a little huffing and puffing and the door can be opened with relative ease, so get hinge bolts fitted, most cost less that a tenner and even if your door does open inwards, get a set fitted for that extra security.
2) Door viewers, if you have glass fitted and you can see through the door then to be honest there is really not much point on fitting a door viewer, but if the door is solid, then get one fitted, you can buy them with varying degrees of view-abilty. but try and get the biggest angle your budget will allow.
3) Door Chains, Just dont get a chain that costs a couple of quid to be honest it will only be a token gesture, admitingly a door chain of any type is better than none but there are some wicked chains on the market that are really strong and well made, Chubb has a great one and also Era do one that hides in the door. These are the ones that we would recommend.
4) Door Bolts, commonly used on the back doors, but you should have a pair on the front door for security security at night time. If you have patio doors or French Doors consider using lockable shoot bolts. Federal do a wicked lockable shoot bolt, with different types of bolts for different applications. If you want to give your door some additional secondary security these guys are certainly worth considering.
5) Last Tip and probably the most important. Fit all the above and use them all, and all the time. It is very little point fitting new locks and additional security bolts, hinges, door viewers etc, if they are only for show. Here are some quick links to take you direct to the sections.
Lockable Door Bolts
Dont forget we are on line from 09:00 to 17:00 every day and of course you pop an email over at any time.
Hope you find this info of help - TRUST Security - Trust LocksOnline.
Head of the tech department